We were experiencing technical difficulties at the Saturday Vigil Mass. We apologize for the inconvenience to those who were watching it live.
Please visit the newly created Church YouTube channel "Saint Joseph Catholic Church New London." for the above streams and other content from the parish.
Please check back with the website often for updates.
We understand that this is a challenging time for all of the faithful and we are diligently doing what we can to increase access to the mass in these unprecedented times. God's Love endures all hardships, may his grace sustain you and keep you in this season.
Public Mass Suspended
All Public weekend and weekday Masses are cancelled in the Diocese of Norwich.
Saint Joseph Church will be open during the day so individuals can still come and pray and make an Act of Spiritual Communion with the Lord.
The Church will be closed during Mass times and then reopened upon conclusion of the Mass.
Confession will still be heard on Saturday between 3:00 and 3:45 PM behind the screen. Face to face confessions will not be offered. Other cluster confession times are as follows:
St. Mary's Star of the Sea
Saturdays between 9:00 and 10:00 AM
Saturdays between 3:30 and 4:15 PM
As publicly announced on March 17 by the Most Reverend Michael R. Cote, Bishop of Norwich, in light of the recommendations of healthcare professionals and Governor Ned Lamont’s Executive Order (No. 7D) requiring the closure of all restaurants, bars, gyms, and movie theaters and the prohibition of civic, social, and recreational gatherings of 50 people or more, including religious, spiritual, or worship gatherings of such size, the Diocese of Norwich has cancelled all weekend and weekday Masses, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, in the churches of the Diocese until further notice.
Priests will celebrate a daily Mass with no congregation, remembering in prayer all who are affected by the pandemic. Pastors will be encouraged to make provision for their churches to be open during the day so individuals can still come and pray and make an Act of Spiritual Communion with the Lord.
Please see the Letter From Bp. Cote for more complete information on the Diocesan response to the coronavirus.
Readings for the week of May 31, 2020
- Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
- Monday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 or Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 87:1-2, 3 and 5, 6-7 / Jn 19:25-34
- Tuesday: 2 Pt 3:12-15a, 17-18 / Ps 90:2, 3-4, 10, 14 and 16  / Mk 12:13-17
- Wednesday: 2 Tm 1:1-3, 6-12 / Ps 123:1b-2ab, 2cdef [1b] / Mk 12:18-27
- Thursday: 2 Tm 2:8-15 / Ps 4-5ab, 8-9, 10 and 14  / Mk 12:28-34
- Friday: 2 Tm 3:10-17 / Ps 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168 [165a] / Mk 12:35-37
- Saturday: 2 Tm 4:1-8 / Ps 71:8-9, 14-15ab, 16-17, 22 [cf. 15ab] / Mk 12:38-44
- Next Sunday: Ex 34:4b-6, 8-9 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / 2 Cor 13:11-13 / Jn 3:16-18
GREAT NEWS! Online Giving Is Now Available!
Follow the link to Online Giving,
Diocesan News and Events Newsletter Signup
Now you can get the latest news and announcements from around the diocese emailed right to your inbox.
Connecting area Catholics to church, faith and the common good with news, upcoming events and spiritual reflection, the new digital newsletter will keep you updated.
Discover the good work being done in our two dozen ministries as well as learning about employment and volunteer opportunities.
It’s informative, it’s weekly and it’s free!
Visit norwichdiocese.org/newsletter to sign up today!
To register for the 2018/2019 Faith Formation school year,
The Church will be open for Prayer during the following time:
Monday - Saturday From 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Sunday From 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Confession behind the screen will be heard on Saturday from 3:00 until 3:45 PM
09:00 AM until 3:00 PM